To add to the FUN of your Euchre Card Party or home Euchre Tournament, include some FUN food!! Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I thought I would post this early in case anyone wanted to use it for a Valentine's Day Euchre Card Party. There is a similar recipe going around the internet, but I think this version I discovered at www.BrandiRaae.com is SO adorable and perfect for a Valentine's Day Appetizer!
Taco Heart Ring
- 1/2 lb. of cooked, drained ground beef
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1/2 head of lettuce shredded
- 1 med. tomato, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- sour cream
- mug, small bowl, or hollowed out green pepper for salsa
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine cooked meat, taco seasoning, cheese, and water in bowl.
3. Arrange crescent rolls into a circle (or heart) on baking sheet. (Use round stoneware or flat sheet without edges.) Dough should overlap in center and points should face the outside.
4. Scoop meat mixture over crescent rolls and fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under base at center. Filling will not be completely covered.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes.
6. When it is done, put container of salsa in the center and mound lettuce, tomato, and onion around it. Garnish with sour cream or use as a side. Makes about 8 servings.
Image and recipe from http://www.BrandiRaae.com